Before drugs were mass-produced by pharmaceutical companies they were mixed (compounded) by pharmacists. Although mass production is a more efficient way to manufacture medications the limited strengths and dosage forms produced are not appropriate for everyone.
With the approval of your doctor, our specially trained pharmacy staff can compound your prescription into doses or dosage forms that are not commercially available:
- If you have trouble swallowing: dosage forms such as transdermal gels, troches, chewables, lollipops, and suppositories.
- If you are allergic to certain ingredients: medications free of dyes, sugar, lactose, or alcohol.
- If you take several medications that are compatible: a single dosage form for easier administration and improved compliance.
- Using the active chemical ingredients: medications that are no longer commercially available.
- Bio-Equivalent Hormone Therapy for both men and women.
- For your pets: transdermal gels, liquids, or treats flavored to your pets liking.
Our quality standards and appropriate potency testing ensure an effective delivery system and accurate dosing each time your prescription is filled.
Visit with your doctor or one of our pharmacists to find out if compounding is right for you.