Medication Therapy Management
Congress created Medication Therapy Management (MTM) under the Medicare Modernization Act of 2003 to help pharmacists help their customers get the best results from prescribed medications. Taking a safe medication incorrectly or in a bad combination with another medication can lead to side effects ranging from mild to serious. MTM prevents complications, improving health care quality while reducing unnecessary medical expenses.
What is MTM?
B&K offers a comprehensive system for the delivery, documentation, billing, and administration of Medication Therapy Management (MTM). Our system features the following:
- Comprehensive medication review
- Prescriber consultations
- Patient compliance consultations
- Patient education and monitoring
- Consultations for over the counter medications (OTC)
What are MTM Interventions?
B&K Pharmacists will review your current prescriptions and compare them to a list of targeted interventions that focus on the following:
- Formulary/preferred drug list interventions
- Potential drug interactions
- Inappropriate medications for elderly patients
- Therapeutic duplication
- HEDIS/NCQA guideline recommended treatments
National MTM Network
B&K Prescription Shop is a member of the Outcomes Personal Pharmacist network; the only national network devoted exclusively to the delivery of face-to-face MTM services by pharmacists.
Ask one of our pharmacists for more information. They will be happy to answer your questions.