10 Things to know about CBD
CBD is a popular topic but not everyone gets the right information. Take a look at these ten things you should know about CBD:
- Cannabidiol or CBD is the non-intoxicating component of the Cannabis Sativa plant found in
- CBD is just one of about 115 different biologically active cannabinoids identified in these
- Scientifically, industrial Hemp and Marijuana are the same plants, with a genus and species
name of Cannabis Sativa.
- Industrial hemp is always a strain of Cannabis Sativa, while marijuana can be Cannabis
Sativa, Cannabis Indica, or Cannabis Ruderalis.
- Agricultural hemp is rich in CBD, whereas marijuana is rich in THC.
- Hemp-derived CBD provides broad-spectrum nutrition with over 500 distinct compounds including phytocannabinoids, fatty acids, terpenes, plant sterols, chlorophyll, and Vitamin E.
- CBD is recognized as being helpful for pain and inflammation.
- CBD has a remarkable safety profile.
- Industrial hemp is renewable and fast-growing; nearly every part of the plant is useable for food, fiber, building materials, and fuel, with an estimated 25,000 uses.
- Hemp sequesters CO2 and does not need herbicides to thrive. It also leaves the soil in better condition than before it was planted.